The starting point is always your audience, how you match what you do best with your audience’s needs is where your positioning lies. Finding your unique differentiators in this space is how you stand out from competitors and appeal to your audience.
We’ll work with you to understand and define your audience, the benefits you offer (functional and emotional), and your substantiates to support your positioning. From there it’s about defining your winning proposition ‘what your brand does best’, finding the nuggets that differentiate you from your competitors, and supporting you to communicate that in a way that cuts through and resonates with your audience.
Working with us and our brand positioning service, you’ll get the support of our full strategic and creative teams, to help you identify, develop and own a distinctive position in the market. This will help your brand be memorable and, ultimately, more buyable.
Here are the 8 steps of our framework:
1. Identify Your Target Audience: You need to understand who your target audience is and what they care about.
2. Analyse Your Competitors: Understand what your competitors are doing and how they are positioning their brands. We use perceptual maps to help identify areas of interest. Consider a full brand audit.
3. Define Your Brand Attributes: Identify the attributes that resonate most with your key audience, and make them as distinctive and memorable as possible.
4. Create a Brand Positioning Statement: Develop a clear and concise statement that articulates your brand’s position.
5. Develop a Brand Story: Create a story that captures the essence of your brand and resonates with your target audience.
6. Craft a Messaging Platform: Create a messaging platform that will be used to communicate the brand’s message to its target audience.
7. Monitor Your Brand’s Performance: Track your brand’s performance and make adjustments as needed.
8. Evaluate and Refine: Evaluate your brand positioning strategy and refine it as needed.
Brand positioning is the process of establishing the identity and value of a product or service in the minds of the consumer. It is important for an organisation to have a strong brand positioning as it helps customers to recognise and remember the brand, differentiate it from its competitors, and develop loyalty and trust.
Brand positioning helps to define the organisation’s purpose and values, and can also be used to establish a competitive advantage. It is an essential part of an organisation’s overall marketing strategy, as it helps to inform the overall brand experience and create a lasting impression on customers.
A brand positioning statement is like a lighthouse, guiding customers towards the value that a brand can offer. It’s a beacon of words, pulling together the brand’s value proposition in a succinct way. Crafting a brand positioning statement is an art, balancing aspiration and reality to create a clear roadmap for customers to navigate. It’s an integral part of any brand’s marketing strategy, providing a clear direction for the brand to move forward.
When creating a brand positioning statement, we’d help you to consider the following:
Working with a brand positioning agency like ourselves can help answer these questions, and bring an outside view and rationale to the answers.
Companies with a clear value proposition set themselves apart from competitors, but more importantly provides their brand’s value to customers.
When we’re developing a brand positioning we look for five things. Is it:
To use the brand positioning effectively it needs to be communicated clearly, frequently and consistently across all channels.
Give us a call, or complete the form. We’ll put the kettle on and by the time you get here we’ll already be thinking about your business.
+44 (0)131 551 7777